Friday, March 13, 2015

How to save on meat and keep it from freezer burn!

Meat prices are outrageous! I always try to buy my meat on sale. Most of the time I buy my meat in bulk. Here are some things you can do to save on meat:

1. Buy your meat on sale or marked down. At walmart every day they start marking down their meat at about 7am. Wherever you buy your meat ask them when and if they mark down their meat, you can save a lot buying it this way.

2. Keep your meat fresh in the freezer by wrapping it in wax paper. Take your meat out of the original package and wrap it in wax paper. After you wrap your meat put it in freezer bags. The wax paper will provide an extra layer of protection from freezer burn. I have been doing this for years, I have not had a problem with freezer burn.

3. Use less meat per meal. Like spaghetti, use a 1/2 pound of meat instead of a whole pound. Make casseroles they usually call for less meat. Whenever I buy pork chops on sale, especially butterfly pork chops, I cut them in half instead of using the whole chop for one serving.


Just doing these three things you can save a lot on meat and keep it fresh in the freezer. I know I have saved a lot.


More to come!

theblissfulhomemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment