Sunday, March 1, 2015

cleaning a cast iron skillet!

I have read a lot of things on the web about cleaning tips. There is so much out there! Sometimes it is overwhelming. 
I want to share with you some of the things that i have read and some tips that I have learned over the years. I like to think out side the box. Sometimes I look at things and im like,  there has got to be a better way to do things? Is there a easier way? 
 I often cook bacon in my large cast iron skillet. When i get the bacon out of the pan there is a lot of grease left in the pan. I do not  like to clean the grease out of the pan. It is very difficult. 
So, i was reading on the web about cleaning pots and pans. Trying to find a better way to clean that grease out of that pan. I found a picture of someone cleaning a cast iron skillet with kosher salt. I had to try it! Oh my it worked! 
I put the cast iron skillet under hot water got as much of the grease out that i could. I put kosher salt in the pan. I then grabbed my dish cloth and started scrubbing. I didn't have to scrub hard, just rubbed the salt in the pan. Then I put the pan under hot water again and viola it was clean! It only took me about 5 minutes to clean the pan! 


More to come!
          blissfulhomemaker 

No comments:

Post a Comment