Tuesday, March 17, 2015

DIY Bath Jellies!

This is a simple recipe for luscious bath jellies. Sometimes you need to have something special to take away the day. These jellies smell so good and feel very luscious on your skin. The essential oils will take you to that special place.

When I made this recipe I used Dr Bronner's lavender liquid castile soap, I love the scent, and I used lemon essential oil. It smells so wonderful! There are many recipes out there, I like to make it my own.


DIY Bath Jellies

2 packets of unflavored gelatin

3/4 cup of water

1/2 liquid castile soap (I used Dr Bronner's lavender liquid castile soap, you can use unscented or any other scent)

15 to 30 drops of essential oils. ( I used 15 drops of lemon essential oil because I used lavender scented castile soap) If you use unscented castile soap use 30 drops of essential oils. (use any scent you enjoy)

1 teaspoon of salt

1-2 drops of food coloring (optional). I used 2 drops of red food coloring

Molds or ice trays of your choice.

Body safe glitter (optional)

Sprinkle body safe glitter in your molds (optional)

Boil water and add 2 packages of unflavored gelatin, whisk until dissolved.
Add your liquid castile soap, essential oils and food coloring (if using),whisk until dissolved.
Add 1 teaspoon of salt, stir until dissolved
Pour your mixture in your desired molds.
Place in refrigerator, uncovered, for a couple of hours.

Store in cool/dry place. I keep my in the refrigerator.

Now you can enjoy your luscious bath jellies!


More to come!
theblissfulhomemaker












No comments:

Post a Comment